Opening for Regional Manager – Community building & Empowerment
Expectations from the role
• Work with the broader team towards expanding the network and driving user engagement.
• Develop and implement community focused development plans in the assigned district/s
• Coordinate with stakeholders including government officials, media outlets, community leaders,
Volunteers and development partners to ensure successful project implementation
• Identify volunteers, community leaders and trained them to use effectively.
• Monitor and evaluate project progress and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders
• Ensure and show an interest to participate in learning events, represent organisation and share
• Develop and manage partnerships with local organizations to support project implementation
• Oversee the development and dissemination of media and communication materials
• Supervise project staff and ensure that they are adequately trained and equipped to carry out their
• Ensure that project activities are in line with the organization’s strategic objectives
• Prepare and submit reports on project progress to the project leads or state manager
What will you be doing?
The Regional Manager – Community building and Empowerment will be responsible for overseeing
media and development initiatives of the organisation – Mobile Vaani in the assigned district/s. The
position will focus on Mobilisation, community building, reporting, networking with the department, team leadership, training, issues-based understanding, research, partnerships with grassroot organizations and reporting. it would be great if the candidate has prior media/community media relevant experience and also have worked on grievance redressal and advocacy.
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Development Studies, Social Science,
Media Studies, or Communication
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in media and/or development projects, with at least 2 years in a
• Knowledge of media and communication technology/tools and techniques
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Experience in team management and leadership
• Familiarity with the local context and culture
• Enjoy working with the disadvantaged community, frequent travelling and leading the team of
marginalised group of volunteers and community reporters.
Why join GV?
We are a lean company and growing quickly. This means the chosen candidate will need to be very
comfortable managing rapidly changing requirements and accordingly envision, build and deploy new
strategies and tactics to quickly respond. The person will need to make the most out of limited resources
and be able to work and act independently to lead the assignment. The upside to our methods is that
we are building a business that has never been seen before by providing highly desired services to
millions of people who have consistently been under looked by existing service providers. The position
will be at the vanguard of this transformative opportunity and working with us will be an amazing, highly
rewarding experience. Gram Vaani encourages diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. Individuals are encouraged to apply regardless of gender, caste, sexuality, age, or
• Opportunity to work with a world-class team driving innovative tech-led solutions positively
impacting underserved communities around the world.
• Opportunity to lead a team and build new products from scratch
• Opportunity to influence the Company strategy. We are a small team and your say matters.
• Salaries at par with industry standards.
• Attractive employee stock options.
• Flexible working hours, work-from-home, and remote working options with prior approvals.
Write to us
While the position is based out of New Delhi, our flexible work from home policy does provide team
members with an option of working from location of their choice, while they stay connect to their teams
using virtual tools. We do strongly encourage team members across function to travel to various parts
of the country, to interact and engage with the communities they work with, helping build empathy and
a strong understanding of the user needs.
Please share your CV at email@example.com