Program Manager/State Head – Uttar Pradesh (UP)
Expectations from the role
• Develop and manage comprehensive project plans, timelines, and work plans to effectively guide
• Ensure that project activities align with the organization’s objectives and goals, maintaining a clear
focus on desired outcomes.
• Monitor project progress closely and proactively make necessary adjustments to ensure successful
delivery within established timelines and budgets.
• Conduct regular and thorough project reviews and assessments to identify areas for improvement
and implement corrective actions as needed.
• Foster strong relationships with project partners, stakeholders, and donors, effectively managing
their expectations and ensuring their active engagement throughout the project lifecycle.
• Ensure the completeness and accuracy of project documentation and reporting, maintaining clear
and transparent records of project activities, milestones, and outcomes.
• Identify and manage project risks and issues promptly, employing proactive mitigation strategies to
minimize potential negative impacts on project success.
• Provide strong leadership and support to project teams, inspiring and guiding them to achieve
project goals and objectives.
• Collaborate closely with vertical leads, working alongside the project team to provide timely
guidance, mentoring, and training as required.
• Address the expectations and challenges of the team, fostering a friendly and collaborative work
environment that promotes a positive work culture and improves overall team efficiency
What will you be doing?
The Program Manager will be responsible for managing and implementing programs and projects for
Gram Vaani. The position is required to understand the community needs, plan and design Mobile
Vaani intervention, track progress, work with the stakeholders and partners, report to the partners ,
work with the districts managers to efficiently implement and mentor them on issues and executionact as state leader.
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelors/Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Development Studies, Social Science,
Economics, Social Work, Environment Science, Sociology, Media and Journalism
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing projects in a development sector organization
Gram Vaani: Technology. Media. Development
• Strong project management skills, including budget management and
monitoring and evaluation
• Demonstrated experience working with donors and partners
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills- Hindi and English
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Experience in team management and leadership
• Need someone who has sounds knowledge and understanding of livelihood, community rights
and water conservations etc.
Why join GV?
We are a lean company and growing quickly. This means the chosen candidate will need to be very
comfortable managing rapidly changing requirements and accordingly envision, build and deploy new
strategies and tactics to quickly respond. The person will need to make the most out of limited resources
and be able to work and act independently to lead the assignment. The upside to our methods is that
we are building a business that has never been seen before by providing highly desired services to
millions of people who have consistently been under looked by existing service providers. The position
will be at the vanguard of this transformative opportunity and working with us will be an amazing, highly
rewarding experience. Gram Vaani encourages diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. Individuals are encouraged to apply regardless of gender, caste, sexuality, age, or
• Opportunity to work with a world-class team driving innovative tech-led solutions positively
impacting underserved communities around the world.
• Opportunity to lead a team and build new products from scratch
• Opportunity to influence the Company strategy. We are a small team and your say matters.
• Salaries at par with industry standards.
• Attractive employee stock options.
• Flexible working hours, work-from-home, and remote working options with prior approvals.
Write to us
While the position is based out of New Delhi, our flexible work from home policy does provide team
members with an option of working from location of their choice, while they stay connect to their teams
using virtual tools. We do strongly encourage team members across function to travel to various parts
of the country, to interact and engage with the communities they work with, helping build empathy and
a strong understanding of the user needs.
Please share your CV at email@example.com