Opening for Lead Engineer – Technology Development
We are working on a rich, varied and exciting technology stack which is at the cutting edge of
multitudes of technologies. It incorporates the following:
– AI/ML for audio processing and language understanding (NLP/NLU) so that even less-literate
people are able to perform sophistated functions through their mobile phones
– These functions include automated question-answering using BERT deep-learning based models
on sexual health, labour rights, maternal and child nutrition, and agriculture, among other topics.
– Added to it is a voicebot that performs better than Google’s Dialog Flow at entity extraction in
local Indian languages, built on top of libraries like Polyglot and iNLTK
– These are delivered on an inbuilt distributed and scalable IVR stack which has served more than
a 3 million users and 150 global and national partners
– And an entirely voice-driven Android stack which brings urban/semi-urban users to the community
as well, to ask question, register grievances, and mentor peers
– A rich Analytics system which is at the heart of understanding the engagement and impact of
different social sector interventions
– Computer Vision for Optical Scanning of handfilled health data forms so that paper-based forms
can be digitized in real time, to run predicted analytics with a whole range of applications
We are looking for a technology professional to lead the engineering team, who can be a socially
conscious leader to inspire his/her team and work in a fast-paced environment across a dynamic
technology spectrum, at ease with learning new skills and technologies. We welcome people with
varied skill sets but the current priority/role requires experience mentoring teams, hands-on full stack
development, and a suitable experience/expertise of working on AI / ML. The full stack experience
should ideally be in Python/Django with experience of relational databases and web front end
technologies like Angular / React. Below are the criteria for applying to the position –
Must have skills and experience
• 10-12 years of core development experience
• Proven team management experience, or eager to rapidly grow into one
• 6+ years of experience working with python-based web development framework like Django
• Responsible for implementation and guiding the team on a variety of schedule-critical, development and production programs
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the
development, execution, and improvement of action plan, along with guiding the team on the
rigour of good software engineering practices
• Actively Participate in full software development lifecycle including planning, defining systems
work scope, designing, coding, testing, implementing, and supporting infrastructure
• Experience with relational databases (e.g., MySQL/PostgreSQL) and key-value and
document based databases (e.g., DynamoDB, MongoDB)
• Good knowledge of front-end technologies (e.g., Angular)
• Experience working on Amazon AWS/Google cloud etc.
• Fluency in version management using GIT.
Highly valued skills
• Mobile App design and development for Android platform
• Experience developing around Free switch or Asterisk.
• Experience with Google’s Dialog flow, Amazon Alexa skills
• Experience designing and building Micro-Services on cloud-based platforms
• Use of AWS lambda, API Gateways, Azure, GCP etc.
• Experience working with modern BI systems and Data-Analytics.
• Experience in AI/ML technologies for NLP/NLU or Computer vision
The Gram Vaani culture
We are a lean company and growing quickly. This means the chosen candidate will need to be
very comfortable managing rapidly changing requirements and accordingly envision, build and
deploy new strategies and tactics to quickly respond. The person will need to make the most out
of limited resources and be able to work and act independently to lead the assignment. The
upside to our methods is that we are building a business that has never been seen before by
providing highly desired services to millions of people who have consistently been underlooked
by existing service providers. The position will be at the vanguard of this transformative
opportunity and working with us will be an amazing, highly rewarding experience.
• Opportunity to work with a world-class team driving innovative tech-led solutions positively
impacting underserved communities around the world.
• Opportunity to lead a team and build new products from scratch
• Opportunity to influence the Company strategy. We are a small team and your say matters.
• Salaries at par with industry standards.
• Attractive employee stock options.
• Flexible working hours, work-from-home, and remote working options with prior approvals.
Write to us
While the position is based out of New Delhi, our flexible work from home policy does provide team
members with the option of working from the location of their choice, while they stay connected to
their teams using virtual tools. We do strongly encourage team members across functions to travel to
various parts of the country, to interact and engage with the communities we work with, helping build
empathy and a strong understanding of the user needs.
Please email your CV to email@example.com