Gram Vaani (www.gramvaani.org) is a social technology enterprise that leverages technology at scale to empower communities to transform their lives. We are global leaders in using cutting edge technologies, but designed and deployed in appropriate ways so that our platforms are inclusive and accessible, bring responsible outcomes, and are geared towards building an equitable and just society. We started in 2009, incubated out of IIT Delhi, and are now a team of 70+ professionals with a diverse skillset that includes full-stack developers, AI/ML wizards, development communications
and journalism experts, community organizers and mobilizers, creative content authors and recording artists, and business development and programme management teams. We work across 15 states in India and several African countries. Over a million users engaged with our platforms during the COVID-19 lockdown last year. We have built technologies that power community radio stations, deliver health and nutrition advice to millions of women Self Help Group members, build solidarity among labour union members and social movement activists, and hold local governments accountable to provide quality social protection to vulnerable families. If you are looking for a place where you can put your technological skills to increase humanism in society then Gram Vaani is the place for you – you will not only bring impact to millions of people, you will also learn how to build and use technology meaningfully in ways that can genuinely make the world a better place.
Opening for QA Engineer
Must have skills and experience
• Should be able to rise above everyday tasks and consider the entire project from various perspectives.
• Be able to think like a developer
• Should be able to see how a developer might interpret and implement business requirements
• Review and analyse requriements, specifications, and technical design documents, providing timely feedback
• Develop detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
• Prioritize and plan testing activities
• Play the role of test engineer: Design, develop, and execute automated tests
• Identify and report issues found, then verify that issues are resolved
• Perform regression testing
Highly valued skills
• Proven work experience in software quality assurance
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
• Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
• Keen eye for detail and a commitment to excellence
• Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them
• Be open to receiving constructive feedback and turning it into process improvements
The Gram Vaani culture
We are a lean company and growing quickly. This means the chosen candidate will need to be very comfortable managing rapidly changing requirements and accordingly envision, build and deploy new strategies and tactics to quickly respond. The person will need to make the most out of limited resources and be able to work and act independently to lead the assignment. The upside to our methods is that we are building a business that has never been seen before by providing highly desired services to millions of people who have consistently been underlooked by existing service providers. The position will be at the vanguard of this transformative opportunity and working with us will be an amazing, highly rewarding experience.
• Opportunity to work with a world-class team driving innovative tech-led solutions positively impacting underserved communities around the world.
• Opportunity to lead a team and build new products from scratch
• Opportunity to influence the Company strategy. We are a small team and your say matters.
• Salaries at par with industry standards.
• Attractive employee stock options.
• Flexible working hours, work-from-home, and remote working options with prior approvals.
Write to us
While the position is based out of New Delhi, our flexible work from home policy does provide team members with the option of working from the location of their choice, while they stay connected to their teams using virtual tools. We do strongly encourage team members across functions to travel to
various parts of the country, to interact and engage with the communities we work with, helping build empathy and a strong understanding of the user needs.
Please email your CV to email@example.com
• A press release from Dvara Research & Gram Vaani, speaking about our collaborative work, highlighting the issues ailing the delivery of Social entitlements in India. https://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/2021/apr/06/covid-exposed-lacunae-in-implementation-of-social-welfare-schemes-report-2286563.html
• Mobile Vaani solution for reducing exclusion wins the Global Prize for Mission Billion Challenge
• Dasra, Improving Governance in India, and Leveraging Mobiles for Governance
• GSMA case study on Mobile Vaani: https://www.gsma.com/mobilefordevelopment/programme/connected-society/oniondevs-
• UNESCO-Pearson Initiative for Literacy: Case study on Mobile Vaani: http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0025/002588/258878e.pdf
• A video about Gram Vaani and our development approach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcN53jWJj1I
• A video about Mobile Vaani, filmed by TimesNow for the Amazing Indians program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9FFt_iIlqM
Gram Vaani has won several awards and received global recognition over the years:
• Knight News Challenge in 2008 for low-cost technology for community radio stations
• Manthan Awards in 2009 for innovations in technology for development
• Economic Times Power of Ideas awards in 2010 for our unique business model
• mBillionth South Asia Award in 2012 and 2014 for innovations in journalism for rural areas
• Grand Challenges Rising Stars award in 2012 for improving health services in rural areas using technology.
• Flame Rural Marketing Award in 2014 for our unique advertising and marketing model
• Grand Challenges Canada award in 2016 for promoting WaSH practices in rural communities.
• NASSCOM Social Innovation Forum Challenge 2016 for our multi-layered development model through technology
• Grand Challenges India award in 2018 for immunization behaviour change through technology.
• Grand Challenges Explorations award in 2018 for promoting vaccine equity in underserved communities.
• Winner of USAID’s WomenConnect Challenge Round One in 2018
• Finalists in the Equals in Tech award in 2018 for helping bridge the digital gender divide.
• Winner under the category of ‘Building beneficiary awareness’ as part of the Ayushman Bharat – PMJAY Start-up grand challenge 2020.
• Winner of World Bank #MissionBillion Challenge
• Inducted as a Member of the ‘Million Lives Club’
• Finalist: Agami prize 2020.
OnionDev Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Plot No. 2, First Floor, 100 Feet Road Ghitorni,
MG Road, New Delhi – 110030