Opening for Grant Writer – Business Development & Partnerships team
Purpose of the position / Why this role is important to us?
We are seeking a talented and passionate Grant Writer to join our team and help secure funding
opportunities to support our mission and expansion goals. As a Grant Writer, you will play a critical role,
working closely with the Business Development & Partnerships lead/program team, in identifying and
applying for grants from various foundations, government agencies, multi-lateral agencies and other
funding sources. Your excellent writing skills, coordination capabilities and persuasive abilities will be
instrumental in communicating the value and impact of our work to potential funders.
What will you be doing?
• You will research and identify potential funding opportunities, including grants, awards, and
fellowships across key strategic themes that GV focuses on (Youth, Gender, Social protection, Climate
resilience, Natural Resource Management, Technology for development etc.), that align with our
organization’s mission and goals.
• You will develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of our programs, initiatives, and
impact to effectively articulate them in grant proposals.
• You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including executives, program managers, and
finance personnel, to gather relevant information and data for grant applications.
• You will write clear, compelling, and persuasive grant proposals, ensuring alignment with funder
guidelines and requirements.
• You will maintain an organized system for tracking grant opportunities, deadlines, and
• You will coordinate with internal stakeholders to obtain necessary supporting documents and data to
supplement grant proposals.
• You will cultivate and maintain relationships with existing and potential funders, attending
networking events, and participating in meetings as needed.
• You will monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of grant proposals, identifying areas for improvement
and implementing feedback to enhance future applications.
• You will stay up to date with industry trends, funding opportunities, and best practices in grant
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as communications, English, journalism, or non-profit/social
enterprise management. Advanced degree preferred.
• Proven experience in grant writing, preferably in the non-profit/social enterprise sector or social tech
industry. Experience working with strategic teams & contributing to successful large size
grant/funding proposals will be evaluated.
• Strong research and analytical skills to identify relevant funding opportunities and gather supporting
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively tailor messaging to
• Detail-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with internal and external
• Familiarity with budgeting and financial reporting for grant proposals.
• Knowledge of the social tech landscape and understanding of the challenges and opportunities in the
• Proficiency in using technology platforms and tools for grant research, writing, and tracking.
• Passion for social impact and a deep commitment to our mission of enabling conversations and
driving positive change.
Why join GV?
We are a lean company and growing quickly. This means the chosen candidate will need to be very
comfortable managing rapidly changing requirements and accordingly envision, build and deploy new
strategies and tactics to quickly respond. The person will need to make the most out of limited resources
and be able to work and act independently to lead the assignment. The upside to our methods is that
we are building a business that has never been seen before by providing highly desired services to
millions of people who have consistently been under looked by existing service providers. The position
will be at the vanguard of this transformative opportunity and working with us will be an amazing, highly
rewarding experience. Gram Vaani encourages diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. Individuals are encouraged to apply regardless of gender, caste, sexuality, age, or
• Opportunity to work with a world-class team driving innovative tech-led solutions positively
impacting underserved communities around the world.
• Opportunity to lead a team and build new products from scratch
• Opportunity to influence the Company strategy. We are a small team and your say matters.
• Salaries at par with industry standards.
• Attractive employee stock options.
• Flexible working hours, work-from-home, and remote working options with prior approvals.
Write to us
While the position is based out of New Delhi, our flexible work from home policy does provide team
members with an option of working from location of their choice, while they stay connect to their teams
using virtual tools. We do strongly encourage team members across function to travel to various parts
of the country, to interact and engage with the communities they work with, helping build empathy and
a strong understanding of the user needs.
Please email your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org