Opening for Product Manager
Purpose of the position / Why this role is important to us
Gram Vaani is looking for someone with proven experience in product design and management. He
/She will be responsible for driving GV’s long-term product vision along with driving the adoption of the
product, setup metrics and KPI’s to measure success and work with engineering, communication and
program teams to identify product enhancements.
Expectations from the role
Basis your previous experience, you will be working with the Founders, Engineering team and would
be taking the product vision forward. You need to be passionate, articulate and engaging proactively
with all and have good communication and analytical skills. Team player, self-sufficient but also
comfortable taking guidance.
What will you be doing?
• You will work with the management team and other key stakeholders in formulating GV’s long-term
product vision, goals and strategy, based on relevant market and sectoral insights.
• You will Interact and listen carefully to the end users, partners and communities we work with to
identify and solve key problem areas, keeping in line with the organizations impact first and mission
• You will translate these strategies into a concrete-plan with short term outcomes / goals to deliver
on the organization’s product plans.
• You will lead and work towards building a strong product function, including, as and when required,
planning, recruiting & training relevant product positions.
• You will work with cross-functional teams – Technology Development, Business development,
Programs, Research, Field, Content, Moderation and other teams to identify, design, build and roll
out products/features and enhancements.
• You will have a strong understanding of the technical side of building products, and will define and
manage the process working closely with the Technology Development team, in building, prioritizing
and monitoring the delivery of the product and features roadmap
• Understand the business metrics and requirements deeply and prioritize goals and efforts accordingly.
• You will work with the business team in developing suitable commercial/business models and will
be responsible for driving the growth plans for the core product offerings of the organization.
• You will also work closely with the concerned teams in identifying opportunities to improve user
experience and accelerate business growth.
• You will be the primary point of contact for all product growth marketing activities of GV and will
lead efforts to drive adoption of the products, setting up metrics and KPIs to measure success
• You will have the capability to influence stakeholders at all levels, using data and user advocacy as
Experience and Qualifications
• 7+ years of experience in product management with at least 3-4 years in a B2C, Voice tech or
Social-tech (ICT4D) product company
• Experience building & scaling web products (desktop web, mobile web) with a demonstrated ability
to drive product planning, development and launch at significant scale and complexity
• Good understanding of alignment of product and design (UI/UX) and ability to use data + analytics
to prove product hypothesis
• Good analytical skills along with strong knowledge of appropriate product performance metrics
• Experience with end-to-end product delivery and working with the management in managing the
roadmap strategy and definition.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
with minimal supervision.
• Ability to understand the user needs and build products that are understandable, usable, and liked
by consumers Experience working with the development sector and on products for the
underserved user segments will be valuable
• Exceptional written, verbal communication and documentation skills with the ability to create
compelling positioning/messaging strategy and present complex information clearly and concisely
• You need to have a growth mindset, exhibit curiosity, proactively resolve problems and should
always be looking for opportunities to improve the way we work and also the products.
• You should be able to make decisions under ambiguity with an experimental and learning mindset.
• A strong desire to execute, drive impact, and demonstrate urgency with projects of any scale.
• A self-leader who can work independently in a fast-changing environment and collaborating with
• You are a self-motivated, flexible, team player with solid multi-tasking, time management &
organization expertise with the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities.
Why join GV
We are a lean company and growing quickly. This means the chosen candidate will need to be very
comfortable managing rapidly changing requirements and accordingly envision, build and deploy new
strategies and tactics to quickly respond. The person will need to make the most out of limited resources
and be able to work and act independently to lead the assignment. The upside to our methods is that
we are building a business that has never been seen before by providing highly desired services to
millions of people who have consistently been under looked by existing service providers. The position
will be at the vanguard of this transformative opportunity and working with us will be an amazing, highly
rewarding experience. Gram Vaani encourages diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. Individuals are encouraged to apply regardless of gender, caste, sexuality, age, or
• Opportunity to work with a world-class team driving innovative tech-led solutions positively
impacting underserved communities around the world.
• Opportunity to lead a team and build new products from scratch
• Opportunity to influence the Company strategy. We are a small team and your say matters.
• Salaries at par with industry standards.
• Attractive employee stock options.
• Flexible working hours, work-from-home, and remote working options with prior approvals.
Write to us
While the position is based out of New Delhi, our flexible work from home policy does provide team
members with an option of working from location of their choice, while they stay connect to their
teams using virtual tools. We do strongly encourage team members across function to travel to
various parts of the country, to interact and engage with the communities they work with, helping build
empathy and a strong understanding of the user needs.
Please share your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org