Opening for Software Engineer – Technology Development (ChatBot/AI/ML)
We are working on a rich, varied, and exciting technology stack that is at the cutting edge of
multitudes of technologies.
It incorporates the following:
– AI/ML for audio processing and language understanding (NLP/NLU) so that even less-literate
people are able to perform sophisticated functions through their mobile phones
– These functions include automated question-answering using BERT deep-learning based models
on sexual health, labour rights, maternal and child nutrition, and agriculture, among other topics.
– Added to it is a voice Bot that performs better than Google’s Dialog Flow at entity extraction in
local Indian languages, built on top of libraries like Polyglot and iNLTK
– These are delivered on an inbuilt distributed and scalable IVR stack which has served more than
a 3 million users and 150 global and national partners
– And an entirely voice-driven Android stack which brings urban/semi-urban users to the community
as well, to ask question, register grievances, and mentor peers
– A rich Analytics system which is at the heart of understanding the engagement and impact of
different social sector interventions
– Computer Vision for Optical Scanning of handfilled health data forms so that paper-based forms
can be digitized in real time, to run predicted analytics with a whole range of applications
We are looking for a technology professional to be a part of our engineering team. He/She should be
a socially conscious team member to inspire his/her team and work in a fast-paced environment
across a dynamic technology spectrum, at ease with learning new skills and technologies. We
welcome people with varied skill sets but the current priority/role requires experience mentoring and
being an active player in teams, hands-on full stack development, and a suitable experience/expertise
of working on AI / ML. The full stack experience should ideally be in Python/Django with experience of
relational databases and web front end technologies like Angular / React. Below are the criteria for
applying to the position –
Must have skills and experience
• Excellent problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
Gram Vaani: Technology. Media. Development
• 2-3 years of experience working with python-based web development
framework like Django/Flask or fluency in version management using GIT
• Execute full lifecycle software development
• Should be good in DSA
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code
• Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
• Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
• Serve as a subject matter expert
Highly valued skills
• Experience on WA business API
• Experience developing around Free switch or Asterisk.
• Experience with Google’s Dialog flow, Amazon Alexa skills
• Experience designing and building Micro-Services on cloud-based platforms
• Use of AWS lambda, API Gateways, Azure, GCP etc.
• Experience working with modern BI systems and Data-Analytics.
• Experience in AI/ML technologies for NLP/NLU or Computer vision
The Gram Vaani culture
We are a lean company and growing quickly. This means the chosen candidate will need to be
very comfortable managing rapidly changing requirements and accordingly envision, build and
deploy new strategies and tactics to quickly respond. The person will need to make the most out
of limited resources and be able to work and act independently to lead the assignment. The
upside to our methods is that we are building a business that has never been seen before by
providing highly desired services to millions of people who have consistently been underlooked
by existing service providers. The position will be at the vanguard of this transformative
opportunity and working with us will be an amazing, highly rewarding experience.
• Opportunity to work with a world-class team driving innovative tech-led solutions positively
impacting underserved communities around the world.
• Opportunity to lead a team and build new products from scratch
• Opportunity to influence the Company strategy. We are a small team and your say matters.
• Salaries at par with industry standards.
• Attractive employee stock options.
• Flexible working hours, work-from-home, and remote working options with prior approvals.
Write to us
While the position is based out of New Delhi, our flexible work from home policy does provide team
members with the option of working from the location of their choice, while they stay connected to
their teams using virtual tools. We do strongly encourage team members across functions to travel to
various parts of the country, to interact and engage with the communities we work with, helping build
empathy and a strong understanding of the user needs.
Please email your CV at email@example.com